January 18, 2017
Doctors of BC bylaws referendum opened December 7th, 2016
→ Create a better working Association for all
→ Vote “For” both Special Resolutions
A referendum package is on its way with voting members due to have received their ballots via email by 11:30 AM December 7th. Voting closes tonight, at midnight.
By means of this site, together with emails and faxes that I will have sent out, I wanted people to be aware that
- all proposals on which members will be asked to vote were developed by the Governance Committee and endorsed by the Board, and all of them have my full support.
- the core proposal and enabling Special Resolution embody two key changes, namely
- to move from a board of 39 directors to a board of 9 directors, and
- to create a Representative Assembly (RA) of ~ 100 members to more fully advise the board
- also contained is a simple proposal with its own Special Resolution to access the advantages, under the new Societies Act, of being a “member funded” society.
Elsewhere on this site, I have made or will make available:
- Dec 5th: fax broadcast
- Dec 6th:
- Dec 9th: my opinion piece in the Medical Post (login required)
- Jan 14th: my posting on Doclounge wherein I explain my support for re-assigning the voting on 7 of 9 directors to the RA (no login required)
- Jan 18th: Dr Caroline Wang’s contentions in the Medical Post together with my counterpoints located in the 5th set of comments below her piece (login required)
Should you have questions or concerns, let me know. I’d be happy to work through them.
Jim Busser, MD
– This site is independent of the BCMA (Doctors of BC) and its Board –